Search

The Puritan Advisor*

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Medicare Supplemental Plan N

Apr
26

by Jason Elwonger on April 26, 2012

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Medicare Supplemental Plan N

Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan N is available to those seniors who have qualified to receive Medicare benefits. Those with original Medicare already have 80% of the approved hospital and medical expenses covered. Medicare supplemental insurance plans were implemented as a means of covering the remaining 20% gap that is left by Medicare. Medicare Supplement Plan N acts as secondary coverage to your Medicare policy.

Let’s address some of the most frequently asked questions concerning Medigap Plan N specifically.

 man fishing

FAQs:

Question: What Does Medicare Supplement Plan N Cover?

Answer: Medigap Plan N is designed to cover the remaining 20% gap that is left by Medicare.  The basic benefits specific to Plan N Medicare include:

  • 100% Coverage Part B Coinsurance
  • Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance
  • Coverage for the 20% that Medicare does not cover.
  • Coverage for your Part A (hospital) deductible of $1,132 per year.
  • 80% of emergency care received while traveling outside the U.S. up to a maximum of $50,000.

Question: What is Unique About Plan N?

Answer: Medicare Supplement Plan N is unique because this plan utilizes a cost sharing structure to keep the premiums low. Here’s how it works:

  • In exchange for much lower premiums than you would pay with other Medicare supplemental insurance plans, Plan N uses co-pays to help reduce the premium cost.
  • Co-payments for doctor appointments will be $20
  • Co-payment for emergency room trips will be $50. If you are then admitted to the hospital, the emergency room co-pay is waived.

Question: If coverage for Plan N is really the same universally, why are the prices so different?

Answer: The Medicare Supplement insurance market is highly competitive. Companies are free to set their own rates. Although they do have to be approved by the state departments of insurance, they can set their rates based on lots of factors.

This is the #1 reason why it is so important to compare rate quotes.  Several companies provide free rate quotes, and it is extremely beneficial for individuals to use resources available to compare.

Would you like a free and simple rate quote comparing the most competitive rates from top companies offering Medicare Supplement plan N? Please click the link below for your free Plan N quote.



[sociable_code]

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: